DeftAir wind tunnel
Van Dyk Recycling Solutions, Norwalk, Connecticut, has introduced a new wind tunnel called DeftAir designed to aid in preparing material for optical sorting. DeftAir:
- helps process light materials at higher throughput
- is installed on an optical sorter’s acceleration belt
- applies air flow at the same speed as the conveyor to maintain the relative speed of the material
Visit www.vdrs.com for more information.
Tomra Sorting Recycling, which is owned by Norway-based Tomra Systems ASA, has launched Gain, a deep-learning-based sorting technology designed to enhance the performance of its sensor-based sorting machines. Gain:
- is available as an add-on option for the company’s Autosort machines
- classifies objects from sensor data, enabling the sorting of objects that could previously not be separated with high levels of purity and without compromising the throughput speed of the sorter
- employs deep learning, a method of artificial intelligence, that enables computers to imitate human learning by mimicking the activity of large numbers of layers of neurons in the human brain
Visit www.tomra.com/en/sorting/recycling for more information.
Olympus Vanta Element
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Inc., based in Waltham, Massachusetts, says its new Vanta Element X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer offers the essential features the Vanta series is known for, including speed, reliability, ruggedness, connectivity and smartphone-like ease of use, in a cost-effective model. The 2.9-pound Vanta Element:
- offers speed and ease of use in a variety of testing environments, including scrap recycling and metal manufacturing
- features a dual-core processor and is powered by Olympus’ Axon Technology for rapid sorting
- is IP54 rated for resistance to dust and moisture and constructed to pass a 4-foot drop test
- is paired with optional wireless connectivity to the Olympus Scientific Cloud for data sharing and access to convenient fleet management tools, the Olympus mobile app or networks
Visit www.olympus-ims.com/en for more information.