Herbold Meckesheim USA Hot Wash System
Herbold Meckesheim USA, North Smithfield, Rhode Island, offers a turnkey Hot Wash System designed for postindustrial and postconsumer plastics. The wash line:
- can be integrated in new or existing plastics recycling lines
- processes polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles and various other items, including thermoformed foils, trays and foil used in packaging
- washes away impurities, labels and adhesives and residues, including lotions, cooking oils and sunscreen
- produces clean flake with reduced odor and clear color
Visit www.herboldusa.com/products/wash-lines for more information.
AMP Robotics Cortex DRS
Denver-based Amp Robotics has expanded its existing line of high-speed recycling robots with the Amp Cortex dual-robot system (DRS). The Amp Cortex DRS:
- uses two high-performance robots that sort, pick and place materials a rate of 160 pieces per minute
- uses computer vision and machine learning to recognize different colors, textures, shapes, sizes and patterns
- increases the overall quality and purity of reclaimed commodities
- is designed to drop into existing facilities without requiring a major retrofit or downtime
Visit www.amprobotics.com for more information.
Cumberland S10 Series Screenless Granulator
Wisconsin-based Cumberland offers a new staggered cutter design that produces consistent, clean regrind using less horsepower. The granulator:
- allows for energy savings, while the hardened steel knives are designed to produce uniform size regrind with minimal dust or longs
- has a hopper with three windows, offering instant feedback to monitor capacity without shutting down the machine
- requires minimal maintenance and service, which effectively increases production uptime
- features a portable design that is ideal for injection molding and small piece extrusion processors
Visit www.cumberlandplastics.com for more information.