Victor Plus Torch
Florence, South Carolina-based Victor has introduced its Victor Plus Torch, which it describes as “a heavy-duty, high-capacity combination torch [that] features the new CA 2460+ cutting attachment and WH 315FC+ handle.” The Victor Plus Torch:
- features a handle that incorporates built-in flashback arrestors and reverse flow check valves and enables higher gas flow capacity
- can be used with a No. 15 MFA heating nozzle, while the standard 315 handle runs with No. 8 nozzle
- features a torch head using thicker brass to improve abrasion resistance
Visit www.esabna.com/us/en/products/brands/victor/index.cfm for more information.
CleanRiver Flex E Bin
CleanRiver Recycling Solutions, based in Aurora, Ontario, has introduced the Flex E Bin, a recycling bin it says is ideal for classrooms, recreational facilities, cafeterias, manufacturing facilities, offices, parking garages and other public spaces. The Flex E Bin:
- has been designed with custodial challenges in mind
- has a unique bag tie feature, hinged lid and handles designed to make it easy and efficient to service
- features patented Transition technology, allowing it to change as recycling programs change
Visit http://flexebins.com for more information.
Nashville, Tennessee-based MSS Inc., the optical sorter division of the San Diego-based CP Group, has introduced MetalMiner. MSS calls the sorter “the next generation of induction-based true all-metal detectors.” The MetalMiner:
- is designed to handle auto shredder residue (ASR), electronic scrap, plastic flake and glass cullet applications
- includes MapLine, which allows users to target specific metal types or objects by amplifying the sensitivity for nonferrous metals, especially wire, while simultaneously reducing sensitivity for ferrous dust
- is available in widths up to 112 inches and in a standalone model in a conveyor configuration or as an upgrade to MSS Cirrus NIR and L-VIS Color optical sorters
Visit www.mssoptical.com for more information.
Cat 988K XE electric drive wheel loader
Caterpillar, Peoria, Illinois, has released the new Cat 988K XE, which it says is its first wheel loader with a high-efficiency electric drive system. The 988K XE wheel loader:
- is designed for demanding job sites where fuel efficiency makes a difference in the machine’s total cost of operation
- increases efficiency by 25 percent overall and by up to 49 percent in face-loading applications when compared with the 988K
- delivers up to 10 percent higher productivity in load-and-carry applications
- offers a range of bucket capacities from 6.2 to 17 cubic yards